Copies of records (Accident Reports and Incident Reports) can be obtained from the Records Bureau within 10 days after a Report Request Form has been submitted.
Access the Form
- Click for link to Report Request Form online.
- Visit lobby of the Police Department; 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- Download the Report Request Form and deliver in person or mail to: Attention Records Bureau, 34 Williams St., Longmeadow, Ma 01106
- Reports involving domestic violence issues must be picked up in person.
Types of Copies
Under state law certain records are not available. Examples of records, which are not available include:
- Accidents or incidents involving criminal charges that may result in incarceration and have not been adjudicated.
- Accidents or incidents, which are still under investigation.
- Records, which are expressly prohibited from disclosure to the public by statute.
- Arrest records. You may acquire a copy of your record from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Criminal History System’s Board. Police reports that involve criminal charges are reviewed prior to being released. Reports with CORI information may be obtained through the District Attorney’s Office.
Longmeadow residents can be fingerprinted for gun permits, employment, and security clearances. We are only able to print the State of Massachusetts and the Federal Bureau of Investigation Fingerprint Cards (no out of state).
- Must be a Longmeadow resident.
- Must provide valid photo ID (driver’s license, State ID, student ID, Passport).
- Must provide proof of residency (any mail or bill statement with name and address on it).
Fingerprints services are offered by appointments only, Monday through Friday 9:00am to 1:00pm. Please contact the Records Office at (413) 567-3311, Ext. 9150 to schedule your appointment.
Longmeadow residents can obtain a License to Carry (LTC) firearms permit, from the Longmeadow Police Department. You can pick up an application from the police department at anytime or download the Application for a LTC Permit (PDF) online.
All license’s are good for 6 years.
Appointments are required and times vary for your convenience. Appointments can be made by contacting the Records Office in person or by calling (413) 567-3311 Ext. 9150, Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00am to 1:00pm.
Class A and B – $100 (Check Only, Payable to The Town of Longmeadow)